The Cape Sable : A brand new boat based on a well-proven, time-tested concept that will be a pleasure to cruise.
Refinements to the highly respected and well proven Cape Islander concept were few - a clean continuous sheer, subtle tumblehome, a lengthened hull to give not only a swim platform for easy boarding but to increase this full displacement hull’s waterline length and so too her speed.
The layout and detailing of the accommodations reflect years of live-aboard cruising experience combined with a career of building custom cruising yachts - everything is where it should be, the boat is clean, open and bright throughout.
Set up and equipped to be safely handled by a couple and comfortably cruise wherever you choose.... and the dinette lowers to create a second double berth.
Four watertight bulkheads assure maximum safety.
In the engine room you will find just that : an engine and room. High performance lead / fibreglass sound insulation, soft engine mounts and a flexible coupling keep the engine’s noise out of the accommodations.
The systems compartment is designed to ensure all operating systems are easily accessible. You won’t need Houdini as a crew member !
No exterior wood ensures ease of maintenance, while the wood inside makes the interior.
The standard cockpit arrangement includes a half open stern to make dinghy storage a simple, quick and easy job. This arrangement works for fishing, swimming, socializing, dining and sleeping under the stars.
A draft of just over 3 feet allows for near shore exploring, a fine entry and beam to length ratio of 1:3 assures offshore comfort, even in rough seas.
The Cape Sable has a solid, hand laid fibreglass hull. Her bulkheads and cabin structure are.cored with Kerdyn structural high density foam.
* At the bow you will find a deep, comfortable anchoring well. Not only does this provide a secure position to handle the anchor and dock lines from, it also serves as foot well to foredeck seating providing a spectacular location to enjoy the ride and view.
* At the stern the swim platform - which is not a bolt-on after-thought but an extension of the hull - provides several benefits : easy access for swimmers or from your dinghy or dock, increased hull performance and combined with the half open transom makes stowing your tender a simple job, eliminating any need for davits or a crane.
* The full galley will please the most demanding cruising chef with lots of counter space, plenty of storage, a fridge/freezer, a two burner propane range with oven - and a great view ! The window between the galley and cockpit opens fully too.
* The cockpit seating intentionally matches the dinette so you can entertain, dine or sleep outdoors. An optional soft top with side netting converts the cockpit into a bug free living space for those nights when mosquitoes try to drive you inside, or it is raining.
* Both the helm and navigator’s stations have comfortable, adjustable seats, excellent visibility and side doors that open wide providing a great, open ride.
* The Yanmar 4JH 110 Common Rail diesel is an efficient, low emission engine that provides a top speed of 10 knots and a cruising speed of 8. At cruise this engine consumes just 2 gals/ hour which , with 120 imp. gals. of fuel on board, gives just under a 500 nautical mile cruising range !
* Electric Drive option available upon request.
* Accommodations below are spacious ! Forward is a full double island berth with plenty of storage, two hanging lockers and excellent ventilation. This cabin can be separated from the rest of the boat for privacy, with its own ensuite shower and sink. Aft to starboard is the separate head with sink that can be accessed by all the crew from above or the forward cabin.
Length : 38’0”
Beam : 13’ 3”
Draft: 3’ 6”
Displacement : 12,000 lbs.
Engine : Yanmar JH110,110 h.p., 4 cyl., turbocharged & intercooled, common rail diesel
Gear : ZF 30M, 2.70:1 ratio marine gear w/ Federal 438 flex coupling
Shaft : 1 3/4” diam. type 316 stainless steel
Prop : 24” Nibral 4 blade
2 x 76 gal. Poly tanks
Dual Racor 500 MA Series fuel filter / water separators
Teleflex Capilano hydraulic helm and ram w/ hydraulic hoses
Stainless Steel rudder
24” stainless steel destroyer type wheel
Seastar MT-3 single handle controls
Yanmar deluxe engine instrument control panel
Fresh Water : 2 x 35 gals. Poly tanks
Holding Tank : 1 x 40 gals. fiberglass tank
Freshwater supply : 12 vdc pressure pump
Fixtures : Galley, head & shower sinks and shower mixer tap sets
6 gals. hot water heater ( shore power & engine )
Manual marine toilet
2 x Rule 2000 12vdc bilge pumps w/ high water alarm
Batteries : Engine start 925 CCA, House bank Rolls AGM deep cycle
Solar panels ; 2 x 200 watt w/ Victron MPPT controller
Alternator : 125 amp
Battery Selector switch w/ automatic charge relay
Blue Seas Distribution panel, 6 x AC & 15 x DC circuits
30 Amp shore power inlet w/ 50’ shore power cord
12 vdc LED cabin lighting
12 vdc & 110 vac outlets
20 kg. Delta galvanized anchor in self-launching anchor roller
36 ft. 1/4” high test galv. anchor chain
100 ft. 1/2” nylon anchor rode
Lofrans windlass, 12 vdc x 800 watt
Dock & spring lines
3” Hollow D non-marking rubber rub rail at gunnel, transom & quarter guards
4 burner Unique propane range w/ oven
2 x 20 lbs. propane bottles in vented locker
Automatic propane control / alarm / shut off
3.0 cu.ft. NovaKool compact refrigerator
2 pilot chairs
1 x 19” deck hatch in fwd. cabin
2 x 13” deck hatches in head and shower comparments
1 cabin heater ( operates off engine heat )
Solid Jatoba wood cabin sole and cabinetry trim throughout